Sunday, November 25, 2012

Air Mail Mail Art


Mail art imitates life.


The glare is part of the story here.


I bought this folder back in the 90s, when I lived in South Carolina. I was a major cross stitch-aholic. I had a pair of those "bird" scissors. I wrote letters back then as well. I loved my best friend's geese. I bought the swan to use as a model. I promised the Melancholy Swan a drawing, but without a swan, what could I do? 


I drew MS a lovely swan once upon a time. It looks nothing like this one, but she said she liked it. This one lives in the tray on top of the cart, that keeps the parts, I use to create mail art.

Melancholy Swan. I sure hope you're at the barre. This bird's for you.

Be well.

***

A letter always seemed to me like immortality because it is the mind alone without corporeal friend. ~Emily Dickinson 




No comments:

Post a Comment